Drew Hendry MP is recruiting an Administrative Assistant to work in his Inverness office.
Key responsibilities include diary management, handling arrangements for events/surgeries, dealing with enquiries from members of the public/organisations and providing general administrative support to assist with resolving cases and the smooth running of the constituency office.
Location: This position is based at Mr Hendry’s constituency office in Inverness
Hours: This is a full-time position based on a 37.5 hours per week.
Salary: The successful candidate will receive a salary of £21,951 in line with Executive Support 1 Grade set by the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority.
- Diary management
- Liaise with external suppliers when required regarding office supplies
- Opening and dispatching mail
- Assisting with arrangements for events and surgeries
- Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
- Providing administrative support in relation to MP’s expenses scheme
- Responding to enquiries by telephone and email, passing on queries to other team members/MP as appropriate
- Dealing with standard queries from members of the public
- Draft responses to constituents
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Previous administrative experience essential
- Excellent IT skills including use of Microsoft Office packages essential
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to manage own time, work under pressure, meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of research tools and techniques
- Ability to work as part of a small team
- Ability to work across a range of tasks
- Knowledge & understanding of UK and Scottish politics
This post is ideal for a self-starter who is passionate about delivering excellence at work.
This position may require occasional travel to London and occasional evening or weekend work.
How to apply: Send your CV with a covering letter to [email protected]
Your CV and cover letter must demonstrate that you have the required skills and attributes for this post.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 7th of May. Applications must be received by 5pm to be considered. Interviews will be held on Monday 13th of May.
Appointment will be dependent on satisfactory reference, and you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Parliamentary Pass Office.