As we navigate through the ongoing cost of living crisis, it’s more important than ever to support our community and ensure that no child goes hungry. I’m proud to share a list of fantastic initiatives in our constituency that are providing free meals for children during the Easter Holidays and beyond.
While free school meals play a vital role in supporting families during term time, there is a significant gap during school holidays when children may not have access to these essential resources. It’s heartening to see these businesses below stepping up to the plate to fill this gap and deliver for those in need.
Please take a moment to browse through the list of initiatives below, and feel free to share this information with friends, family, and neighbours who could benefit from these services. And, of course, do get in touch with my office if you know of any others that I may have missed out and I’ll be sure to update the list. It’s through our collective efforts that we can make a positive difference in the lives of children and families within our community.
Wishing you all a wonderful and supportive Easter break.
- Kids aged under 16 eat for free at any Morrisons café when an adult spends £4.99 or more on a meal. The kids’ meal includes a piece of fruit and a Tropicana Kids Orange or Apple drink or bottle of water.
- Kids eat free in the Pausa Cafés inside Dunelm stores this winter. You can get one free main meal, plus two snacks and a drink for every £4 an adult spends in the in-store café, Monday to Friday after 3pm.
- Kids can enjoy a free meal in the café, with each adult main meal purchased. The offer runs daily from 12 noon and includes the kids’ lunch menu or a pick ‘n’ mix meal, plus a drink.
- Kids eat for £1 with every adult main between 4pm and 6pm, Mondays to Thursdays at Bella Italia. Kids can enjoy three delicious courses and a Cawston Pressed Fruit Water course for just £1. These fabulous, bargain meals are suitable for 2–11-year-olds.
- You can receive a free Ella’s Kitchen baby food pouch for babies under 18 months (about 1 and a half years) with any purchase in Asda’s cafés. And until 16 Apr 2023, bigger kids (up to age 16) across England and Wales can eat for just £1 at any time of day in Asda Cafés, seven days a week, with no minimum adult spend required.
- Sainsburys café offer one child hot meal or lunch bag for £1 with any adult meal paid over £5.20. Kids meals include, 1 main, 3 sides, a drink, and a piece of fruit.
- At the Beefeater, two children get a free breakfast with one paying adult.