Policy areas reserved to the UK Parliament

My work as your MP

Whilst I am here to help in any way I can, there are areas of policy reserved to Westminister on which I represent you.

Watch the short video clip below for more information.

I represent you in the UK Parliament and will hold the UK Government to account on policy areas reserved to Westminster.

These policy areas include:

  • benefits and social security
  • immigration
  • defence
  • foreign policy
  • employment
  • broadcasting
  • trade and industry
  • nuclear energy, oil, coal, gas and electricity
  • consumer rights
  • data protection
  • the Constitution

Other areas of policy are devolved to the Scottish Parliament where you are represented by your local Member of the Scottish Parliament. Fergus Ewing is the constituency MSP for Inverness and Nairn (including Carrbridge and Grantown on Spey and Kate Forbes is the constituency MSP for the Loch Ness and remaining Badenoch & Strathspey area.

Policy areas devolved to the Scottish Parliament

  • agriculture, forestry and fisheries
  • education and training
  • environment
  • health and social services
  • housing
  • law and order
  • local government
  • sport and the arts
  • tourism and economic development
  • many aspects of transport

Kate Forbes can be contacted on [email protected]

Fergus Ewing can be contacted on [email protected]

The Highland Council manages many areas of local policy and you are represented by local Councillors on these matters.

The Highland Council is responsible for the delivery of services such as housing, education, parks and leisure facilities, social work including services for children such as fostering and adoption, and pavements, street lights and roads.

You can find further information on your local councillors at https://www.highland.gov.uk/councillors/ward

I hope you have found this information useful.

Keep up to date with new articles at www.drewhendrymp.scot

Find out more about my work in parliament at www.theyworkforyou.com